Guru's belongings to be returned to his family
New Delhi, Feb 10: Afzal Guru's belongings like books, clothes, spectacles and a radio are likely to be returned to his family by authorities of Tihar Jail where he was hanged in an operation shrouded in secrecy.
"We will follow the jail manual on the issue," a senior Tihar Jail official said.
He said as per the jail manual, belongings of an executed prisoner has to be returned to the family.
43-year-old Guru had a "good" collection of books and he used to spend most of his time either alone or with books in his 16-feet long and 12-feet wide cell in Jail No 3. He had a radio and he used to listen to FM channels regularly.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 10 Feb 2013 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 10 Feb 2013 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 11 Feb 2013 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM FRONTPAGE
- Youth dies amidst protests
- Curfew, media gag to continue till Friday
- 5 injured in Watergam
- Afzalís hanging would reinforce feeling of alienation in JK: Omar
- ĎSomething seriously wrong with the systemí
- Guru's belongings to be returned to his family
- Government postpones Cabinet meeting
- 10 more CRPF companies to reach Valley today
- PDP hits at Congress led UPA for hanging Guru
PAK TO OBSERVE SHUTDOWN TODAY
NISAR AHMED THOKAR
Islamabad, Jan 10: Denouncing the hanging of Afzal Guru the Kashmiri leaders hailing from both sides of the Line of Control (LoC) on Sunday termed his execution as ďmiscarriage of justiceĒ and a stark More
Reverting back SKIMS management
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Feb 10: A group of Congress ministers in the state were contemplating to oppose the government move to revert land, management and assets of the prestigious Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences More