Afzal hanged as per procedure: Dr Farooq
New Delhi, Feb 11: National Conference Patron and union minister Dr Farooq Abdullah Monday said Afzal Guru was hanged according to procedure.
"Afzal Guru's mercy petition was put before president. He rejected it. The matter is over," Dr Farooq told reporters here.
Asked about the situation in Jammu and Kashmir, Abdullah said: "Ask the chief minister (Omar Abdullah) who is there. He knows what the state is going through."
Lastupdate on : Mon, 11 Feb 2013 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 11 Feb 2013 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 12 Feb 2013 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM FRONTPAGE
- Death toll reaches 3; youth succumbs, body fished out
- HURRIYAT (G) ISSUES PROTEST CALENDAR
- Pak reacts cautiously
- Mufti calls India ‘banana republic’
- Afzal’s execution letter delivered home,2-days after his hanging
- Contradict Omar if he is wrong: Owaisi to Delhi
- New Delhi turned NC politically impotent: Beg
- Afzal hanged as per procedure: Dr Farooq
- Centre didn’t keep Omar in dark: Shinde
- Afzal’s last words Al vida……..
- Wrote letter to wife before execution
- ‘If my son is hanged I would be proud’
- Maqbool Bhat remembered
- I felt like my son was hanged again: Maqbool Bhat’s mother
Srinagar, Feb 11: Chaos and panic prevailed in the Valley for the third consecutive day on Monday with scores of people injured in forces action being rushed there for treatment. Officials More
Commission likely to be functional soon
Its’ finally official
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Feb 11: Jammu and Kashmir governor N. N. Vohra finally issued appointment orders of Kuldeep Khoda IPS, (Retd) as the Chief Vigilance Commissioner and RK Jerath IAS, (Retd) as Vigilance Commissioner More