HURRIYAT (G) ISSUES PROTEST CALENDAR
CALLS FOR EIDGAH CHALO ON FRIDAY
Srinagar, Feb 11: Chairman of Hurriyat Conference (G) Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Monday issued four day protest calendar and called for Eidgah Chalo on Friday to offer mass funeral prayers in absentia for Afzal Guru who was hanged on February 9.
“There will be complete shutdown on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to protest against the hanging of Guru,” the spokesman of the amalgam, Dr G M Ganai quoted Geelani as having said.
He said that Tehreek-e-Hurriyat acting chairman Muhammad Ashraf Sehari has urged people to hold funeral prayers in absentia for Guru in their respective localities, villages and towns on Tuesday.
Quoting Geelani, the spokesman said that people should assemble at Eidgah on Friday (February 15) to offer mass funeral prayers in absentia for Guru.
“Besides, we will also press for the return of mortal remains of Muhammad Maqbool Bhat and body of Afzal on that day in Eidgah,” the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, Geelani and Sehrai condemned the killing of three youth in Watergam Rafiabad and Sumbal Bandipora and police action on peaceful protesters across the Valley.
Lastupdate on : Mon, 11 Feb 2013 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Mon, 11 Feb 2013 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Tue, 12 Feb 2013 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM FRONTPAGE
- Death toll reaches 3; youth succumbs, body fished out
- HURRIYAT (G) ISSUES PROTEST CALENDAR
- Pak reacts cautiously
- Mufti calls India ‘banana republic’
- Afzal’s execution letter delivered home,2-days after his hanging
- Contradict Omar if he is wrong: Owaisi to Delhi
- New Delhi turned NC politically impotent: Beg
- Afzal hanged as per procedure: Dr Farooq
- Centre didn’t keep Omar in dark: Shinde
- Afzal’s last words Al vida……..
- Wrote letter to wife before execution
- ‘If my son is hanged I would be proud’
- Maqbool Bhat remembered
- I felt like my son was hanged again: Maqbool Bhat’s mother
Srinagar, Feb 11: Chaos and panic prevailed in the Valley for the third consecutive day on Monday with scores of people injured in forces action being rushed there for treatment. Officials More
Commission likely to be functional soon
Its’ finally official
GK NEWS NETWORK
Jammu, Feb 11: Jammu and Kashmir governor N. N. Vohra finally issued appointment orders of Kuldeep Khoda IPS, (Retd) as the Chief Vigilance Commissioner and RK Jerath IAS, (Retd) as Vigilance Commissioner More